Dec 14 / 7 am - 5 pm
5k Reindeer Run and a Soap Box Derby are in store this year!
Ontario Town Square is taken over with annual craft fair, reindeer games, snow play, live entertainment, Spark of Love Toy Drive, Ferris Wheel, Trackless Train, Carousel Santa and more! Family Friendly FUN! Ride tickets and unlimited wristbands will be available at the event.
7:00AM – Check in begins for the City of Ontario 5K Reindeer Run and Rudolph’s Dash! Register today at http://www.ontario5krun.com/. For more information call 909.395.2020
7:00AM – 11:00AM Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast – located at Euclid Avenue and “C” Street
10:00AM – 5:00PM Ontario Town Square is taken over with annual craft fair, reindeer games, snow play, live entertainment, Ferris Wheel, Trackless Train, Carousel, snow play, Santa and more! Family Friendly FUN! Ride tickets and unlimited wristbands will be available at the event.
11:00AM – Inaugural Soap Box Derby! Holiday race starts at “G” street on Euclid Avenue!
A MESSAGE TO ONTARIO RESIDENTS & COMMUNITY PARTNERS
The annual Ontario 5K Reindeer Run has a new location! This year’s 5K Reindeer Run and Rudolph’s Dash will take place on historic Euclid Avenue on Saturday, December 14. Race proceeds benefit the Ontario-Montclair Promise Scholars Program, an award winning program designed to assist Ontario‑Montclair youth by helping to prepare them in their journey towards a college education and the Youth Empowerment Scholarship (Y.E.S!), which gives Ontario children from low income families the opportunity to participate in Recreation & Community Services programs and classes.
The 5K Reindeer Run will begin and end on Euclid Avenue and D Street. Ontario’s historic properties and neighborhoods are a tangible symbol of our past. Runners will experience historic Euclid Avenue landmarks and pass through neighborhoods that showcase the many architectual styles of homes and businesses each representing the City’s unique history.
Below are some important information regarding the race and street closures.
- Mascot Run: 7:45 AM
- Rudolph’s Dash: 8:00 AM
- 5K Reindeer Run: 8:30 AM
- 5K Run will finish at approximately 10:30 AM
5K Street Closures
- Beginning at 4:00 AM Euclid Avenue will be closed from Holt Blvd to Sixth Street.
- Euclid Avenue from G Street to Sixth Street will reopen at approximately 10:30 AM after the last runner(s) past.
Street Closures West of Euclid Avenue
- H Street to Vine Avenue
- Vine Avenue to Fourth Street
- I Street to Laurel Avenue
- Laurel Avenue to J Street
- J Street to Vine Avenue
- Fourth Street to Euclid Avenue
Street Closures East of Euclid Avenue
- Fifth Street to Columbia Avenue
- Columbia Avenue to J Street
- Princeton Street to Euclid Avenue
- Fourth Street to Columbia
- J Street to Euclid Avenue
The above street closures will reopen at approximately 10:30 AM. For more information regarding the race please visit www.Ontario5KRun.com. Residents and local businesses can also call Ontario Recreation & Community Services Department at (909) 395-2020 for more information about the race and street closures.
NOW – Four (4) events will occur on historic Euclid Avenue on December 14th
- Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast – 7am to 11am – Euclid Avenue and “C” Street
- 5K Reindeer Run – Check in time is 7am – schedule as outlined above
- Christmas on Euclid – Annual Craft Fair, Live entertainment, Family Fun – 10am to 5pm – based at Ontario Town Square
- Inaugural Soap Box Derby – 11am start time – on Euclid between “G” Street and “E” Street
Street Closures for Christmas on Euclid and the Soap Box Derby include:
- Euclid Avenue – North and South bound from 4am to 9pm from Holt Blvd to “H” Street
- Lemon Avenue from Holt Blvd to “D” Street – 4am to 9pm
- “B” Street, “C” Street, “D” Street from Lemon Avenue to Euclid Avenue – 4am to 9pm
We hope you can join us for this community event and we wish you and your family a joyous holiday season!
Don’t miss Mr. Peanut and the Planter’s NUTmobile! They’ll be attending our Christmas on Euclid event, ready to take photos and share product samples + coupons!